Does you group or team need help with teamwork, communication, problem solving, and/or leadership? Try one our challenge course!
Why our Challenge Course?
- We provide a wide variety of approaches and opportunities for learning.
- We possess the ability to adapt and cater to the specific needs, goals, and/or objectives of different groups
- We create an environment which is conducive to all learning styles.
- Our program promotes personal growth and a better understanding of the importance of teamwork and trust.
- Our program provides opportunity for continued and applied learning well beyond their day on the ropes course!
All activities are conducted in a safe environment, which strengthens individuals, promotes group bonding, and develops leadership skills.
Challenge Course Objectives:
- Foster the ideals of mutual support, teamwork, communication, planning, organization, and the importance of individual member contributions and differences within a group.
- Bring participants together in a new environment where they will share a common experience while working together.
- Encourage group trust. Participants must rely on others, completing the course as a group and not on an individual basis.
- Overcome personal fears of inadequacies or lack of confidence.
- Encourage team and individual growth.
- Promote feelings of personal confidence, accomplishment, responsibility, leadership, and self-worth.
- Facilitate and improve goals setting and problem solving skills by individuals and by the group/team.
- Encourage safe, appropriate risk taking in a caring environment.
Planning a Program
A variety of challenge course programs can be designed. Working with your group, the 4-H Center will design a program based on your group/team's goals, time frame, group size, and budget. The 4-H Center offers cooperation and team building programs for youth, adolescents, and adults. Both on-site and off-site programs are available. Programs conducted on-site at the 4-H Center's Challenge Course, consist of an outdoor recreation field, Low Challenge Course, 7 element-High Ropes course, 35' Climbing Wall, and Zip line. This course is physically, mentally, and emotionally challenging. All facilitation, instruction, and equipment are provided by the 4-H Center.
Low Challenge Course Eligibility Requirements
Anyone! We can work together to create a program that will be beneficial for ANY age group.
High Challenge Course Eligibility Requirements
- Climbing Tower - must be 9 years or older.
- High Ropes - must be 12 years or older.
Both annually inspected by Challenge Design Innovations. CDI is an accredidted Professional Vendor Member of the Association of Challenge Course Technology.
- Low Ropes Course - $10/per person
- High Ropes Course - $20/ per person (25 ft. w/Zip line; minimum age 12 years)
- Climbing Wall - $15/per person (minimum age 9 years)
- Zip line - $12/per person (minimum age 9 years)
- Team Building - $7/per person
- 10 person minimum for all Ropes Course Programs.
Virginia SOL correlation
PE 3.4, 4.4, 5.5, 6.4, 7.4, 8.5, 9.4, 10.4
English - 3.1, 4.1, 5.2, 6.1, 7.1, 7.2
PH5, PH6, PS6, PS1, PS10
Oral Lang. 6.1, 6.2, 7.1, 3.1, 3.2