March 3-8, 2024
If you wish to receive information on our next Flintlock Rifle Workshop CLICK HERE!
Learn how to build your own custom Flintlock Rifle!
Rifle building experience not needed.
Instruction and kits provided by Rifle builder Jimmy Blanks.
Meals and lodging provided as part of this package.
Rifle - $2,000.00
This covers all programming fees, instruction and use of tools, the rifle kit, meals, and lodging.
Rifle kit choices are:
- Lancaster Pennsylvania Germanic style Rifle. This style was used extensively on the early frontier from Pennsylvania down through Virginia and North Carolina. The wood for these rifles is special ordered, upgraded from the standard or fancy grade to extra fancy grade. Component sets have a wooden patchbox kit included. Rifles have a single trigger. The furniture (butt plate, pipes,and trigger guard) is brass. The locks are Chambers deluxe flintlock. The barrels are by Rice barrel company.
- Two sets in .50 caliber with 42" tapered and flared barrels.
- Two sets in .54 caliber with 44" tapered and flared barrels
- One set in a .50 caliber with a 44 inch tapered and flared barrel.
Inquiries for more information can be directed to Jimmy by phone at 434-250-3433 or email, Jimmy
About the Program
- You will pay less for this workshop than you would pay a craftsman to build this custom rifle. The custom rifle you build is yours to keep.
- Small class size with lots of instructor time - 4 to 1 student/teacher ratio.
- Develop basic, beginner level flintlock rifle building skills.
- Firearms will be assembled and capable of firing at the beginning of the class. The student will be instructed on shaping, rasping, sanding, carving, and staining the stock and filing and buffing of the metal parts.
- Rustic but comfortable bunkstyle lodging. Linens not provided.
- Meals and lodging the entire workshop time.
- 5:00-6:00 Welcome, Registration
- 6:00-7:00 Supper
- 7:00-9:00 Introduction, Overview and History
- 7:30-8:30 Breakfast
- 8:30-12:00 Workshop Time
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch
- 1:00-5:30 Workshop Time
- 5:30-6:30 Supper
- 6:30-8:00 Evening Activities
- 7:30-8:30 Breakfast
- 8:30-12:00 Finishing up
- 12:00 Lunch
- 1:00-4:00 Finishing up
- This is an intensive course, come prepared to work! You take home what you put into it!
- Rustic but comfortable bunk style lodging. Linens not provided.
- A health form (no physical required), a list of items to bring, and other information will be sent to you.
Full minus $35 registration fee before February 11, 2024, ($50 returned checks)
Nonrefundable: After February 11, 2024