As you know Giving Day was on February 23-24, noon-to-noon. We were in competition with the other 4-H Centers. The Center with the most donors, not dollars, won $3,000 bonus dollars! The competition was fierce but we remained at the top of the leaderboard! Soon before the competition was set to end the number of supporters overwhelmed the system and it crashed. The Giving Day team decided to extend giving for another 12 hours.
It was a long "day" of giving and we were wiped! But we have the most loyal supports who picked up the torch and marched on! At the original planned end of Giving Day we had 186 donors. With the extension we ended with 262! Only three from our goal of 265. I could not be more proud and humbled by the love and support!
- Improvements since our last update
- accessibility ramp replacements on Cabin 1 and the front of the dining hall
- threshold replacement on the front of the dining hall.
- purchase of portable ramps to be put out when needed.
- started remodeling and completing repairs on one of the staff houses.
- progress made on water damage repairs on the back of the large bunkhouse
- Weaving Workshop -April 1-4 - Learn to weave on 4 shaft or 8 shaft loom, workshop great for beginners or those in need of a refresher.
- Volunteer Workday - April 25-26 - join local extension staff with various projects around the center. It's been suggested we come up with a weekend date in the spring. We have a full calendar but I am working on this.
- 4-H Camp - We are going so excited to be back to in person camping this summer! Click the link for dates and contact information
- Teen & Adult Leader Training - June 1-3, registration happening through local extension offices.
- Women's Outdoor Weekend - June 10-12, 2022 - for ages 10 and up to learn more about the outdoor skills they've always wanted to try and master.
- Cloverbud Camp - June 17-19, for ages 5-8 year olds
- Camp Woods & Wildlife- June 20-24 - introduces 13-16 year olds to the challenges, special skills, and knowledge needed for managing the forest resources we use and enjoy everyday.
- Camp Loud & Clear - July 29-31 for campers 9-18 who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Cooks and Kitchen Helpers - hours available night and day shifts
- Pool Lifeguards -weekend hours when the pool opens.